lan

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
click the next picture To continue

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Thinking in C++,Volume 1, 2nd Edition

Thinking in C++,Volume 1, 2nd Edition

Winner, Software Development Magazine’s 1996 Jolt Award for Best Book of the Year
“This book is a tremendous achievement. You owe it to yourself to
have a copy on your shelf. The chapter on iostreams is the most
comprehensive and understandable treatment of that subject I’ve
seen to date.”

Al Stevens Contributing Editor, Doctor Dobbs Journal
“Eckel’s book is the only one to so clearly explain how to rethink
program construction for object orientation. That the book is also
an excellent tutorial on the ins and outs of C++ is an added bonus.”

Andrew Binstock Editor, Unix Review
“Bruce continues to amaze me with his insight into C++, and
Thinking in C++ is his best collection of ideas yet. If you want clear
answers to difficult questions about C++, buy this outstanding
book

Gary Entsminger Author, The Tao of Objects
“Thinking in C++ patiently and methodically explores the issues of
when and how to use inlines, references, operator overloading,
inheritance and dynamic objects, as well as advanced topics such as
the proper use of templates, exceptions and multiple inheritance.
The entire effort is woven in a fabric that includes Eckel’s own
philosophy of object and program design. A must for every C++
developer’s bookshelf, Thinking in C++ is the one C++ book you
must have if you’re doing serious development with C++.”

Richard Hale Shaw Contributing Editor, PC Magazine

Comments from Readers:

Wonderful book … Great stuff! Andrew Schulman, Doctor Dobbs Journal
An absolute, unqualified must. One of the most-used, most trusted books on my
shelf.” TUG Lines
This is stuff a programmer can really use. IEEE Computer
A refreshing departure. PJ Plauger, Embedded Systems Programming
magazine
…Eckel succeeds … it’s so readable. Unix World
Should definitely be your first buy. C Gazette
A fantastic reference for C++! Michael Brandt, Senior Analyst/Programmer,
Sydney, Australia
On our project at HRB Systems we call your book “The Answer Book”. It is our
C++ Bible for the project. Curt Snyder, HRB Systems
Your book is really great, and I can’t thank you enough for making it available
for free on the web. It’s one of the most thorough and useful references for C++
I’ve seen. Russell Davis
... the only book out there that even comes close to being actually readable when
trying to learn the ropes of C++ (and the basics of good object oriented
programming in general). Gunther Schulz, KawaiiSoft
I love the examples in your book. There’s stuff there that I never would have
thought of (and some things that I didn’t know you could do)! Rich Herrick,
Senior Associate Software Engineer, Lockheed-Martin Federal Systems,
Owego, NY
It’s an amazing book. Any questions I have I refer to this online book. Helped in
every case. I’m simply happy to have access to a book of this caliber. Wes Kells,
Comp Eng. Student, SLC Kingston.
You are an invaluable resource and I greatly appreciate your books, email list
etc... It seems every project I have worked on has been successful because of your
insights. Justin Voshell
This is the book I have been looking for on C++. Thomas A. Fink, Managing
Director, Trepp, LLC
Your books are authoritative yet easy to read. To my colleagues I call you the
K&R of C++. Mark Orlassino, Senior Design Engineer, Harmon
Industries, Inc., Hauppauge, NY

When I first started learning C++, your book “Thinking in C++” was my shining
guide light in a dark tunnel. It has been my endeavor to improve my C++ skills
whenever possible, and to that effect, “Thinking in C++” has given me the strong
foundation for my continuous improvement. Peter Tran, Senior Systems
Analyst (IM), Compaq Computer Corporation
This book is the best general reference in my on-going quest to master C++. Most
books explain some topics thoroughly but are deficient in others. “Thinking in
C++” 2/E does not pass the buck to another book. When I have questions it has
answers. Thomas Michel
I have a whole mountain of books and none of them make sense nor do they
explain things properly. I have been dying for a good template and STL book.
Then I decided to read your material and I was amazed. What you did was show
how to write C++ with templates and STL without bogging down with details.
What you did was what I expected of the C++ community, the next generation of
C++ authors. As an author I AM IMPRESSED at your writing and explanation
skills. You covered topics that nobody has properly covered before. Your
approach is one from a person who has actually sat down and went through the
material in detail. And then you questioned the sanity of the situation and what
would be the problem areas. On my bookshelf, it will definitely be one of the
necessary books, right beside Petzold. Christian Gross, consultant/mentor
cgross@eusoft.com
I think your book is very, very, VERY good. I have compared it to others in the
bookstore, and have found that your book actually teaches me basic C++
fundamentals while I learn the STL... a very nice experience to learn about both
at once, hand-in-hand. I think your book is laid out very well, and explains
things in an easy-to-understand fashion. Jeff Meininger, Software Developer,
boxybutgood.com
Your book is the best by far of any I’ve seen. Please get it right so that we can all
have an excellent and “reliable” reference work! And please hurry! We are
desperate for a work of this quality! Steve Strickland, Live Minds (a Puzzle
business)
(On Usenet) Unlike most other C++ authors, Eckel has made a career of teaching
C++ and Java classes ONLY. He’s had the benefit of a GREAT deal of novice
feedback, and the books reflect that. His books are not just about writing in
C++/Java, but understanding the intent of the languages and the mindset that
goes with thinking in them. Eckel’s also the best technical writer I’ve read since
Jeff Duntemann. Very clear and easy to read. Don’t be put off by the apparent
large size of his books. Either can be read in *less* than 21 days. :-} Randy
Crawford, MRJ Technology Solutions, Fairfax VA.
to download this course click here


No comments:

Post a Comment